Servizio NetNews - Secondo Avviso - why?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
2010-11-25 23:47:46 UTC
What's the problem with the message below?

/----
Dear NetNews user,

We remember that you can confirm and update your data
to the NetNews Service following this link:

https://www.x-privat.org/lostdata_en.php

The users that have an invalid e-mail account will be deleted
from our databases without warning.

X-Privat may delete the accounts not used for more than six
months, according with the general A.U.P linked below:

http://www.x-privat.org/aup.php

In every moment you can delete your news account logging
in the reserved area ("Manage Account") of the Home page.

Best Regards,

X-Privat Team - http://www.x-privat.org
\----

Anyone willing to explain?
Andrzej P. Woźniak ***@pochta.onet.pl (swap z<->h in address)
David W. Hodgins
2010-11-26 00:06:41 UTC
Post by Andrzej P. Wozniak
What's the problem with the message below?
We remember that you can confirm and update your data
https://www.x-privat.org/lostdata_en.php
My understanding, is that they want you go go the the website,
and update your account information (address, etc.). If you
don't, I gather the account will be deleted.

I'm guessing, though. I updated my info, and got a confirmation
email.

Regards, Dave Hodgins
Andrzej P. Wozniak
2010-11-26 00:20:45 UTC
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:47:46 -0500, Andrzej P. Wozniak
Post by Andrzej P. Wozniak
What's the problem with the message below?
We remember that you can confirm and update your data
https://www.x-privat.org/lostdata_en.php
My understanding, is that they want you go go the the website,
and update your account information (address, etc.). If you
don't, I gather the account will be deleted.
I'm guessing, though. I updated my info, and got a confirmation
email.
I'm afraid you are wrong. I updated my profile just after the first warning
I had got. Now I have quoted the second warning I've got today. I think
there is something wrong with users database.
Andrzej P. Woźniak ***@pochta.onet.pl (swap z<->h in address)
pietro.b
2010-11-26 09:40:12 UTC
Post by Andrzej P. Wozniak
What's the problem with the message below?
I received this message, too, but I don't understand what I'm asked to
do and what could happen otherwise. I have a valid email address with
gmail.

Please, let me know.

P.S.: The first advice was filtered by gmail as spam, and I think I
receiveid this one just because I told gmail that the first one was not
spam.
--
pietro.b
http://pib.netsons.org
pietro.b
2010-11-29 13:37:42 UTC
Post by pietro.b
Post by Andrzej P. Wozniak
What's the problem with the message below?
[english below]

Anch'io ho ricevuto questo messaggio, ma non capisco cosa dovrei fare e
cosa potrebbe accadere se no lo facessi. Il mio indirizzo su gmail è
valido.

Fatemi sapere, per favore.

P.S.: Il primo messaggio è stato filtrato da gmail come span e penso di
aver ricevuto il secondo solo perchè ho segnalato a gmail che il primo
non era spam.

[english version]